The First Foot Guards
We are a Revolutionary War
reenactment group based in Boston MA,
accurately portraying the royal household regiment that is now known as
The Grenadier Guards
Parsons visits a school
I recently had the pleasure of visiting my son's 5th grade class last month appropriately dressed as a Guardsman. The fifth grade this past quarter had been studying the Revolutionary War. Bringing the usual kit and extra necessities such as period documents, etc. I enjoyed myself very much. I have just received written "Thank Yous" from the students. I thought their comments would interest you so I have provided the top ten.
10. You must be hot in those clothes.
9. Your presentation was very well organized.
8. I enjoyed the musket and how it works.
7. I find the revolution very interesting, you certainly changed my point of view of the British.
6. You explained so many things I learned more than the class. It seems like History as you know it is wrong.
5. I learned the British didn't understand why the patriots wanted independence and they had the right to be mad.
4. You guys spell very funny.
3. I really enjoyed the items you brought in, I never knew the way the British looked at things.
2. Thank you, for telling us about the British. This was better than the social studies class.
The Number one response:
"I had always thought the rebels were right, but now I realize that the British may have been right."
Changing the Minds of future British soldiers,
[Ed. Note: Thank you very much Mr. Letterman. I look forward to your Top Ten every night, and I am glad I can now read it on the Electronic Guardsman! I am a big fan of yours and I love what you are doing to the young minds of this great nation.]